Creating an Audio Link
To insert audio into your app, you will need a direct link to a .mp3, .wav, or .m4a audio file. You can do this through Dropbox, Amazon Web Services, WordPress, or many other services that can host your audio files.
- If you are adding audio using a platform other than Dropbox, ensure that the link starts with "https://" and ends with .mp3, .wav, or .m4a .
Here is an example of an easy way to create an audio link using Dropbox:
If you don't already have a Dropbox account, you can sign up for a free account here:
- You can use up to 2 GB for free on a Basic free account, or upgrade for more storage.
- Ensure that you verify your account by checking your email and clicking "Verify".
Once you sign up, you can optionally download Dropbox to your computer, or simply use it on the browser by going to Dropbox's home, linked here:
- From here, you can drag and drop your file or choose a file from your device by clicking "Upload".
- Once your file has loaded, click on the file to select. Once selected, click "Share" on the right of the screen. This will open a new window.
- At the bottom of the new window, click "Create Link". This will generate a link for you to use.
- Once loaded, click "Copy Link". This will copy the share link of the file to your clipboard.
IMPORTANT: Before adding the Dropbox link into 22apps, you must edit it accordingly:
- Paste the link in a place that you can edit it, such as a word document or text document.
- The URL will look something like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6cb5vym0wmae07/Test%20Audio.mp3?dl=0
- Now, you must change the very end of the link. Remove the ?dl=0 and replace with ?raw=1 .
- So now the link will read: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6cb5vym0wmae07/Test%20Audio.mp3?raw=1
- Note - editing the link like this is only special for Dropbox files. If you are adding audio using a platform other than Dropbox, ensure that the link starts with "https://" and ends with .mp3, .wav, or .m4a .
- Now return to the app builder and insert an audio element.
- On the left hand side, under the Audio Settings, and insert your link new edited link.
- If done correctly, you should notice the audio element will be complete with a play button, time of your file, volume, and download option. Click the play button to ensure the audio is playing correctly.
If you have any questions about this article, feel free to reach out to our support team! We're happy to help.